What is sulphadimidine, Sulfadimidine usually acts bacteriostatic against many Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms, such as Corynebacterium, Escherichia coli, Fusiformis, Pasteurella, Salmonella, and Streptococcus spp? Sulfadimidine affects bacterial purine synthesis, as a result of which blockade is achieved.
Digestive and respiratory tract and genital infections, mastitis and paronychia caused by sulfadimidine sensitive microorganisms, such as Corynebacterium, Escherichia coli, Pasteurella and Salmonella, and Streptococcus spp., In calves, cows, goats, sheep, and pigs.
- Hypersensitivity to sulfonamides.
- Administration for animals with severely impaired kidney or liver function or with blood dyscrasias.
- Severe renal or hepatic insufficiency.
- Blood disorders.
- Acute porphyria.
- Babies aged less than or equal to two months.
- Pregnancy (first trimester) and breastfeeding.
Antimicrobial, which eliminates them in the surrounding medium containing low concentrations of thymine. It is used with other sulfonamides, such as sulfamerazine and sulfadiazine.
In veterinary medicine, it is sometimes used with bactericides or trimethoprim.
It is used to determine the state of acetylation because its pharmacokinetics differ between fast and slow acetylation.
Nausea, vomiting, anorexia (anorexia), diarrhea, high blood pressure, SLE, serum sickness-like syndrome, hepatitis and enlargement of the liver, myocarditis, fibrous alveolitis, and pulmonary eosinophilia, jaundice and nuclear jaundice in preterm infants, pseudomembranous colitis Vasculitis, hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism, neurological reactions,
Deadly possibilities: Blood dyscrasias, Stephen-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, hypersensitivity.
- Enhances effective oral anticoagulants, methotrexate, and phenytoin.
- The risk of crystalluria affecting uric acid increases.
- Fatal: The risk of blood dyscrasias increases with clozapine.
- Renal and hepatic disorders.
- Previous allergic reaction or asthma.
- G6PD deficiency.
- Old age.
- Adequate fluids should be taken to reduce the risk of crystalluria.
- It should be stopped if the rash develops.