What is neomycin, It is known that this medicine is an antibiotic that fights all types of bacteria in all areas of the body.
Indications for the use of neomycin
- Neomycin is used to prevent bacterial infection during surgery.
- It is also used to reduce symptoms of hepatic coma.
- Eliminate bacteria that infect the body.
Important advice before taking neomycin
- You should not take neomycin if you are allergic to neomycin or to similar antibiotics such as amikacin (Amikin), gentamicin (Jaramycin), kanamycin (Centrex), paromomycin (Humatin, Puromycin), streptomycin, or tobramycin.
- Doctors say that patients who suffer from the colon, Crohn's, intestinal obstruction, and all gastritis should not take this drug at all.
- Do not use neomycin if you are pregnant as it could harm the unborn baby.
- Do not use Neomycin in larger amounts than recommended according to the doctor's instructions, or for a period longer than 2 weeks as excessive doses or long-term use of Neomycin can cause many kidney problems or hearing loss that may not be treated and cured again.
- To be sure this medicine is not causing harmful effects, you will need to analyze your kidney function, as well as your nerve and muscle function.
- You may also need hearing tests because neomycin has long-lasting effects on your body parts.
- Neomycin can harm your kidneys, and this effect is increased when you use some other medicines that are harmful to the kidneys.
- Before taking this medicine, you must consult a specialist doctor and consult him and know the doses of it.
- Many other medicines (including over-the-counter medicines for your doctor) can generally be harmful to the kidneys.
- If you suffer from hepatic coma, avoid foods rich in protein, and follow your doctor's instructions about what to eat and what to stay away from in general.
How to take neomycin
- If you are taking the liquid form of neomycin, measure the liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup, not with a regular tablespoon.
- If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist to measure the amount of liquid medicine.
- Take neomycin only for as long as prescribed by your doctor.
Situations when you should not take neomycin
You should not take neomycin if you have:
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Crohn's disease.
- A blockage in the intestine.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Cases of kidney disease.
- myasthenia gravis.
- Parkinson's disease.
Use of neomycin during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Do not use neomycin if you are pregnant as it could harm an unborn baby.
- Doctors warn not to take this medicine to a pregnant woman so that it does not pose a risk to the fetus.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember or skip the missed dose if you remember it at the time of the next dose, do not use an extra dose to make up for the missed dose.